No need to send out a search party!! I'm still here; just been busy with both work and my social life, neither of which are reasons to complain! I will post about some of what I've been up to over the next week, but I wanted to share my August playlist with you today! I have been listening to this playlist multiple times a day over the past week, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
(As usual, its song name- artist)
1. The King and All of His Men- Wolfgang. I fell in love with this song the very first time I listened to it.
2. Satellite- The Wanted. My love for the Wanted is well documented.
3. Runaways- The Killers. This is new by the Killers, and makes me very excited for their new album. I've seen them twice in concert; Brandon Flowers was very shy with the audience both times.
4. Settle Down- No Doubt. Can't wait for this album!!! Gwen is AMAZING and they are SO FUN live!!!!
5. Promises- Nero. Had this in my library for a long time; not sure why I waited so long to put it into a playlist!
6. What Girls Are Made Of- Garbage. LOVE LOVE LOVE Shirley Manson. This is from their new album.
7. Sleep Alone- Two Door Cinema Club. I've said this many many times, and I will say it again- if you have an opportunity to see them live, DON'T MISS IT!! This is from their upcoming album, due September!
8. Back to Back- Wolfgang (again).
9. Warrior- Kimbra. I like this song, with its slight 80s vibe
10. All About Tonight- Pixie Lott. Ok, I love that her name is Pixie. File this under my shameless love for Brit-pop
11. Like a Prayer- Grace Potter & the Nocturnals. Allison and I are going to see her live in December (House of Blues CLE), and I CANNOT WAIT. She was so so SO good last year!!!
12. Sunday Drive- Ladyhawke. I really enjoy this band. Their album was available for $5 on Amazon a few weeks ago, so you may want to check to see if the deal is still available.
13. Sexual Healing- Maxamillion. So, I first heard this version of the song over 10 years ago- I was visiting my grandparents in London, and this was used in a car commercial. As you can tell, I absolutely fell in love with it!!
14. Call my name- Cheryl Cole. This is the Cheryl Cole who had a brief (blink and you missed it) appearance on the US X Factor. She was using that series as a launching pad for her US debut, but that isn't happening any time soon. Its a shame-- more shameless Brit-pop love.
15. Let the Sun Shine- Labrinth. I searched high and low for this album and had to order it used on Amazon. I first heard this song in the middle of winter 2010/2011, and it made me happy on those VERY grey days.
16. Spectrum (Say my name) - Florence + the Machine, feat Calvin Harris. OMG. I cannot even begin to tell you how AWESOME she was live at Nautica. This mix with Calvin Harris is just.too.much.
As you can see, a long playlist, but well worth the downloads!!