Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Listening Now- The Joy Formidable

So while I was on hiatus, I started to think about ways to tinker with the blog. One of the ideas is a weekly feature on music that I'm listening to and that I absolutely LUUURRRVVEE. Now, it may not all be new music, but my hope that perhaps I will introduce to some music that you may be unfamiliar with, or remind you of something you haven't listened to recently. I hope that you will share some of your recent favorites with me as well!!

With that, I introduce my first ever Listening Now feature- The Joy Formidable. They're originally from Wales, and opened for The Foo Fighters on a few Foo tour stops this year. They're touring the U.S. in November and December, so if you live in, or are planning to visit these cities, you will have the opportunity to check them out live. I will say that I have NOT seen them live, and I'm more than a little bummed that they will be in Pittsburgh but are skipping over Cleveland. *sadness*

Of course their music is available for download on iTunes, but here is a little peak at one of my FAVORITE songs, Whirring.

 

I hope you enjoy the song and this new little feature, and I can't wait to hear your recommendations as well!!

4 comments:

Allison M. said...

i like the new feature mostly because I also feel that we like the same music.

if ellie goulding came here you are the first one I'd call!

CLEshopaholic said...

Hell yeah!!! Now if only she would tour here...

Alana said...

i've been digging the joy formidable lately, too! like the new idea :)

xl pharmacy said...

Awesome video, yes it would be great if the tour here.