Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Board Meetings Are Fun

What do you do in your spare time? Do you workout? Do you read? Do you volunteer? As much as I enjoy going out and having a great time, some of my most personally fulfilling moments come from the time I volunteer to Secondhand Mutts. My favorite volunteer activity is chaperoning the dogs at various events. I absolutely LUUURRVE dogs, so any one-on-one time that I can spend with them is certainly time well spent!! And in addition to volunteering, I'm also a Board Member for Secondhand Mutts.

Last night, we had our Board Meeting, and unlike most meetings, this week, our Board was joined by five, 6-week old puppies. And then this happened...




If you're looking for volunteer opportunities at Secondhand Mutts, you can find more information here. If dogs are not your thing, there are literally hundreds of non-profits across Northeastern Ohio that could use your time. Just find an organization that interests you and contact them!!! You will help support a cause that means something to you, have an opportunity to meet some amazing people, and might even have an opportunity to take on a leadership role!! Give it a shot... you might surprise yourself!!

2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

volunteering for a rescue is amazing!!! I am on a list at my favorite rescue which is so awesome they have a waiting list! kudos to you!! its because of the work of people like you that I met my dog life mate!

Alana said...

shibani, i think that's cabela's long lost brother. omg i die die die.