Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Listening Now: All the Ladies in June

Yes, yes, I know its July, but its summer, and I've been having fun!! I started out making the June playlist, and half way through, I figured out it was all women, so I continued with the theme to create a full playlist of songs that are either independent women, or groups headed by women.

Where I Sleep-- Emeli Sande
Explosions-- Ellie Goulding
Boy-- Nina Nesbitt
Ready or Not - Bridgit Mendler
Don't Save Me-- Haim
Now is the Start-- A Fine Frenzy
The Show-- Girls Aloud
Something Inside-- Jessie Ware
Lovers in the Parking Lot-- Solange
Amsterdam-- Daughter
Dusk Till Dawn-- Ladyhawke
A Little Party Never Killed Nobody-- Fergie, Q Tip and GoonRock (The Great Gatsby Soundtrack)
Somebody-- Niki & The Dove
Lovesong-- Adele
Girl Gone Wild-- Madonna (because really, what is a playlist like this without Madge)
Attracting Flies-- AlunaGeorge (so, so catchy)

And finally, for a bonus, this is a song I've been listening to on Soundcloud, in honor of Wimbledon. Or something like that. In any case, it is available for download on iTunes starting today!!

Tennis Court-- Lorde


No comments: