Monday, June 24, 2013

Solstice At Cleveland Museum of Art- The 2013 version

This past Saturday, The Cleveland Museum of Art played host to one of my two favorite annual parties- Solstice! If you haven't been to this event yet, I seriously do not know what you are waiting for. This year was by far my favorite solstice party yet. In part because the Atrium was open, but I have to say, the Museum REALLY made it a music and art festival this year. There were DJs in the Atrium and live bands outside, and AWESOME music in both places. I literally danced my feet off. Seriously. They still hurt.

I've done a few different things with this recap post over the years, but this year, I just decided to document every one of my friends that I saw at the event! This is a picture heavy post!!


My handsome date, N




The balloon people. At the end of the night, there were a few non-museum people in them. If you follow me on instagram, then you may have seen some of the shenanigans. 



Dave and Jess


Jess and I 
(I was wearing a dress from Alex & Alex, and my own turquoise beaded bag from India. My earrings were aquamarine and pearl, also from India)


Danny and Gina (note the AWESOME Gallery One wall projected on the walls behind them)


Sara and Anna 



N and I



Ladies in balloon dresses: So these balloons were blown up and then "sewn" into dresses. 



JP and Nadine



Kyle on the left, N. Colleen and Dan on the right. 



Dragons!! 


Gina




Kelly being assaulted by a balloon person. I think Sean was in it. 



Kelly and Lisa





Alex bustin' a move!


Allison and I

Overall, an EXCELLENT night! I danced, I laughed, and best of all, took lots of pictures to remember the night by! If I didn't see you at the event this year, I hope I have at least convinced you to attend next year! I do not say this lightly: it is absolutely THE BEST PARTY OF THE SUMMER!! 

2 comments:

Allison M. said...

Yes, I think that was Sean - not me....

Christina K said...

I luuuurrveed those balloon dresses!