Monday, June 8, 2015

CLE Eats: Merwin's Wharf

Nick and I LUUUUURVE brunch, and we're always looking for new brunch spots to try. And this Sunday, we took our inaugural brunch visit to Merwin's Wharf. Owned by the Cleveland Metroparks, Merwin's Wharf is located right on the water in the west bank of the Flats. The restaurant's walls are garage doors, so on a beautiful sunny day, you feel like you're outside even when you're not.


Nick ordered the southwest bloody mary-- piled high with meats and cheese on a stick, this was a really good bloody mary. Not too fancy, but the right mix of salt and spice. I ordered a moscow mule--- I know, not a traditional choice, but I wanted something citrusy. For brunch, I ordered the standard breakfast--- I always judge brunch spots by how well they can execute eggs, and my over easy eggs were perfectly cooked. Nick ordered the biscuits and gravy, and they were absolutely delicious!



After brunch, we walked around with our drinks outside, taking in the view. I could see myself spending the whole day there-- you can even play outdoor jenga or corn hole if you feel like it, or lounge on patio furniture and watch the boats go by. Oh, did I mention that Merwin's Wharf is dog friendly on the patio?

Overall, a great experience, and one that I'm looking forward to experiencing again. Good food, great views, super friendly service-- what more can you possibly need on a Sunday Funday?

No comments: