Monday, March 5, 2012

Long weekends are the best!!!

Would you laugh if I told you that my feet hurt from Jump Back Ball ALL of last week. I guess high heels and dancing for 6 hours, combined with plantar fasciitis will do that! I took this past Friday off, because, well, why not? Since Allison was on her "Freedom Week" (thanks for that term, Alexa), we decided to meet up for lunch and pedis. Well, lunch and pedis became lunch AND shopping and pedis, although shockingly, I really didn't buy much at all- some cute accessories from H&M, and at LONG LAST, a lipstick I finally like- the Sheen Supreme by M.A.C. I typically really dislike all lipsticks in general, but this feels more like a balm, which is why I gave it a try. I've been wearing it all weekend, and I think I may have to get another!! Allison, on the other hand, had a very successful shopping trip, which you can read all about on her blog. The pedis were much needed, and I'm now in full St. Patty's day mode with my green toe nails!! Friday night involved celebrating Allison J's birthday with Prosecco at Battery Park Wine Bar!

Saturday was supposed to be a really busy day- N and I were supposed to be at a benefit Saturday night, but N spent the whole day in Chardon forming a human barricade against Westboro Baptist Church's rumored demonstration at the funeral (I hate them btw- let people grieve in peace!!!!!), but they never showed up (which is a great thing). He was pretty tired after the day, so we ended up bailing on the benefit at the very last minute and stayed in with Greek Village Grille and my new TV obsession Full Metal Jousting.  Talk about an eventful Saturday night!!

Sunday involved puppy walks, cleaning, and some major cooking in the form of Puerto Rican Pork Loin. I know I've mentioned this before, but if you don't own Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything, and you like to cook, you need to add this to your cookbook collection IMMEDIATELY!! Seriously, I've never had a recipe fail following ANY of his recipes. N and I also watched The Ides of March- holy HOTNESS. Seriously, Ryan Gosling and George Clooney in the SAME MOVIE?!?!?!?!

And that pretty much summed up my three day weekend: PERFECT!!

2 comments:

Alana said...

my toes hurt until about thursday after the jbb!! i wore flats are week!

Allison M. said...

That app is awesome - Cleveland foodie introduced me to it and it's such a good go to for anything!