Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happening this weekend: Art Fur Animals

So Monday, I made the big mistake of trying to watch an HBO Documentary on dogs. Less than 5 minutes in, and I was a sobbing mess- massive tears. I mean, I'm not even emotional in my REAL life. 10 minutes in I had to change the channel, because I was distraught, and poor Otto was getting really freaked out. This is no surprise to anyone, but I'm a complete sucker for dogs, particularly rescue dogs.

This Friday (June 22nd) from 7-10 pm, smARTspace at 78th Street Studios is hosting the 2012 Art Fur Animals Benefit and Auction. The event benefits Friends of the Cleveland Kennel, which helps take care of and place the 100s of dogs that arrive per month at the Cleveland Kennel. Without Friends, those poor animals would probably end up euthanized. Its a very sad and sobering reality that these volunteers deal with on a daily basis, but they continue to work diligently to find these animals a home wherever possible.

The event features some really awesome art thats available for auction, and of course raffle prizes. There's also complimentary beer and wine. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 day of the event. If you're interested in buying a ticket, you can do so here. N and I will be there supporting this incredible organization, and we hope to see you there too!!









2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

I love volunteers, and foster parents, and all things animal rescue!! I always had an appreciation, but after adopting my Mr. Magoo, who was a puppy mill "stud" doomed for death because he was "too old" i am on the bandwagon!!

My adorable shih-poo is about 5-6 and had to be taught how to be a dog, and enjoy life. and seeing his happy face every day fills me with such pride!!

people don't really realize how rewarding it is to adopt a neglected or abused animal until they do. I have always been an animal person, but this experience really opened my eyes.

Thank you for sharing this event, and for supporting such a wonderful cause!!

CLEshopaholic said...

Yay for rescue pups! It really is amazing watching them change like that. Makes you feel like you really changed a life!