Sunday, June 27, 2010

Involuntary Absences

You may have noticed, I wasn't around last week. Unfortunately it was not by choice. Last Friday, we finally adopted Clair, our little baby boxer. The weekend was great; Otto and Clair love each other, and she's a really good puppy. BUT, I overestimated Otto's reaction to Clair; based on the fact that he LOVES other dogs, and he's a really laid back dog, I assumed (incorrectly) that he would totally take Clair's arrival in stride. And he did, for the weekend, until he figured out she wasn't leaving.

I haven't figured out if he was acting out or if it was just that he had been drinking a lot more water, but OTTO had a BUNCH of accidents in the house. Then the day of the earthquake (Wednesday. Did you feel it? I did. It was wierd!!!) I came home to a massive Clair-accident in her crate!!! So, in a nut shell, I spent every evening last week cleaning up after the dogs. FIRST WEEK FAIL! And it was such a massive fail, that I had to break down an invest in this:

Bissell Little Green ProHeat Turbo Carpet Cleaner, 1425B

Bissell Little Green Carpet Cleaner ($99 at Target, Amazon)

If you have a pet that has accidents (or poor digestion), this is an absolute necessity. You can use this in conjuction with the pet stain and odor remover, and it will work miracles on your carpet!!!!!

The good news is that Otto and Clair have now sorted it out, and we're back to a more normal schedule!


No comments: