Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy News!!

You may have noticed I haven't been blogging much lately. Truth is, I've been, well, uninspired. That's not to say I haven't been doing things (trying out restaurants, shopping), its just that most of these have been a bust. Since I try to keep this blog positive and upbeat, I've avoided talking about these things, but if you do want to hear about the things I do/buy/experience that I don't lurve too, please let me know and I will be happy to share.

That said, yesterday I received some very happy and exciting news. Its no secret that I love puppies. In the past year, I discovered that just having my own puppies was not enough; I wanted to help other puppies too. Rescuing Clair was step 1 in that process. And step 2 has developed over the past few months: I am now one of the newest Board Members for a charity that is very near and dear to my heart: Secondhand Mutts. Since I LUUUUUURRRRVVEEEE puppies and Secondhand Mutts, you will be hearing more about them in the future, but I promise not to overload you.

In the mean time, I do want to let you know about two fun events/fundraisers that Secondhand Mutts is hosting over the next month:

The first is a pancake breakfast, held at Post 58 in Tremont, on January 23. The event is being held in memory of Scramble, a heartworm positive dog that was rescued by Secondhand Mutts, and who passed away last year. The tickets are $12/adult, $5/child under 10, and include orange juice, all you can eat regular and chocolate-chip pancakes, coffee, and sausage (vegetarian options available too), and the funds will be used to benefit Secondhand Mutts.

The second event is a super fun event, with Secondhand Mutts teaming up with Friends of the Cleveland Kennel to host a Bowl-a-Thon at Madison Square Lanes in Lakewood. This event is being held on February 11, and more information is available here.

Both events are open to the public, so if you're looking for something fun to do on a weekend, that coincidentally happens to benefit some great causes, please come join me at these events! Hope to see you there!!!!

7 comments:

Green Dog Wine said...

Shibani - THAT.IS.AWESOME! (AND OMG SO EXCITING!!!!) I'm putting both those events in my calendar now (I might opt for bowling over pancakes, but I'm going to try and go to both!) :)

Alicia at Poise in Parma said...

As an employee of a non-profit, having PASSIONATE board members is so vital to getting solid work done. You can hear your passion for the organization in your words. Secondhand Mutts is lucky to have you!

Alana said...

What a perfect fit for you!! I look forward to reading more.

Heather said...

Congrats, girl!! This is amazing! Isn't it great when you can participate in something that you love?
Jay and I have a prior commitment on the 23rd with Team Challenge, but I put the 11th down.

CLEgal @ Why CLE? said...

How cool! CLEpup is a rescue dog and I had heard about the pancake breakfast, but unfortunately can't attend. I'm going to try for the bowling event, though!

Also, before I even read your post, this was going to be the subject for my Friday Inspiration post this week. Can I do a quick e-mail interview with you to fill out the post a bit?

CLEshopaholic said...

Thank you all so much for your kind words. I'm looking forward to keeping you updated!

CLEgal, I'd be happy to answer questions: my email is cleshopaholic@gmail.com.

Cindi said...

Congrats! As a fellow animal lover, I have to say I'm proud of you!