Monday, January 17, 2011

Restless

Around this time every year, I start to get a little restless. Its January, the Browns are done, and there's still atleast 2 months until we start to see Spring. This is when I usually start planning trips. Last year, N and I went the all-inclusive route in the Dominican Republic. This year, I'm hoping we do something here:


Although the title says "shoestring", I will NOT be staying at hostels. If you've met me in real life, you know that I'm not the type of person to rough it. At all. I'm using the Lonely Planet guide more as a reference book to help us plan an itinerary, and then we'll use TripAdvisor to help pick our hotels. Right now I'm really drawn to Istanbul, although N and I really want to visit Prague as well. I love planning vacations; its the second-best thing to the vacation itself!!

Are you planning any trips in 2011?

5 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

planning a trip is ALL i can think about!!!!

and right now i have a big fat NOTHING on my calendar...

it makes me sad.

Allison M. said...

I need to go somewhere with the BF too. Last September we went to Mexico and I would love LOVE to go to Europe but it may not be this year.

Heather said...

I want to go to Prague, too! It's on my vacation "must go to" list.

As of now, we have nothing planned this year. Total bummer.

Alana said...

I hear you on the restlessness! I am trying to get to Chicago for Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart! We had a Mexico trip in mind, but reality got in the way, damn it!

seanski said...

I want to visit Europe, too! Paris, Rome, London and Venice is on my bucket list.