Tuesday, February 22, 2011

XYZ The Tavern

 If you live/work/drive past the Detroit Shoreway neighborhood, you may have noticed some activity close to Near West Theatre. Its been going on for some time, and I've been (im)patiently waiting for its completion since last fall. What is it that I'm waiting for? The opening of XYZ the Tavern!!! N and I attended the "soft opening" this past weekend, and here's a sneak peek:


I apologize for the dark picture, but I LOVE the garage doors. They open up to a patio that runs around the side and back of the restaurant. They had a few menu items available to sample, one of which was their chicken and waffles. N deemed them "amazing. Just like my mom makes them", which translates to "I can't wait to eat a real meal there, and of course I'm ordering chicken and waffles".

So here's what the restaurant will look like when it really open (picture courtesy XYZ).



XYZ officially opens on Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Bite Buff said...

Looks great, can't wait to check it out!

Allison M. said...

can't wait to check it out either