Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pants and Potpourri

So, if you've flipped through a fashion mag lately, you will notice that among other prints, denim manufacturers are trying to get you to add these to your wardrobe:



From L to R: Paige Denim "Skyline", J Brand, Citizens of Humanity "Mandy"

Yesterday, Allison and I had a conversation that revolved around the topic of printed denim (and I've edited/paraphrased here...)

Me: How do you feel about printed denim? I'm very undecided on the matter...

Allison: It depends... I've seen some light snow leopard pants I'm a fan of...

Me: I've decided I definitely don't like floral. Definitely. Looks like a couch.

Allison: Look, I'm not potpourri, so don't make me look like it! 

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!

For the record, we have concluded that we are fine with floral bottoms, as long as they're either a short skirt or shorts. Bottom to ankle floral is a no-no for us. Will you go floral bottoms this summer? What about other printed denim?

4 comments:

Crystal @EatDrinkClev said...

HELL. NO!

Tina said...

Um, no. That's just ridiculous. I LOVE the colors, but some of the prints are kind of crazy. Even if I did like them, I don't think I'd buy them. It seems like a trend that will be in and out before we know it....for good reason!

Blog- The New Black said...

Clearly NO is the consensus here! I agree, I just don't think my legs can (or would like to) pull them off. I am however looking forward to picking up some colored denim this weekend!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

These are disgusting.