Wednesday, March 11, 2015

CLE Eats: The Grocery Ohio City


This past weekend, Nick and I stopped in at The Grocery in Ohio City to grab some lunch. It was my first time in this relatively new grocery store, and I was instantly charmed! The space is small-- no bigger than a bodega or small coffee shop, and has a very limited selection of items, but I would describe the selection as small but mighty--- very very well curated. From Inca Tea, Fruit Vibe Juice, Red Lotus Food, and Pope's Kitchen -- a selection of artisan products, all made right here in Cleveland. There's also a small produce section- the day we went, they had garlic, red peppers, tomatoes, and avocados, among other things. You can also buy certain items in bulk (by the mason jar): quinoa, barley, popcorn, etc. Buying in bulk is a much better deal than buying the same items packaged.


In addition to packaged and fresh foods, The Grocery also offers a selection of sandwiches-- high quality meat & cheese on equally high quality bread. Really, the basics of any good sandwich.



Nick and I each picked a sandwich and juice for lunch -- our meal was absolutely delicious. Overall, an excellent visit-- I know I will be visiting again soon!!

No comments: