Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Kickdrums

So, this week I re-discovered some great music--- The Kickdrums! I say "re-discovered" because I've known about them for a long time (N has been friends with Matt since they were little) but I had kinda forgotten about them over the past year or so...

And then, thanks to facebook, I was reminded of how much I love them with these awesome mixes they created for Coachella!

Reasons I luuurve these guys:
1. They're from CLEVELAND!! (see the feature on them in Scene magazine here)
2. You know how when you're listening to an album, you start to skip through the songs because after a while the style and sound gets monotonus? There is NO danger of that happening with The Kickdrums! Every song is different!
3. The Indio Sessions for Coachella (link above) is FREE!!!
4. Their album Just a Game (available on iTunes) features their very own music; its such a great combination of sounds, that I can't even describe it.

So, if you're in the mood for something different, you should give them a listen!

No comments: