Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Try a little Greek

I'm luuurve breakfast! I love everything about breakfast. Eggs, toast, breakfast pastry, cereal, hash browns, pancakes, crepes.....EVERYTHING!! Unfortunately, I can never get it together enough in the morning to make a real breakfast, so I have to either make do with cereal or take something into the office. I have a tendency to go through "breakfast phases" where I pretty much eat the same thing for a month straight.

My new obsession is Greek yogurt. In an attempt to lower my intake of added sugar (including artificial) I've been sticking with the plain yogurt (with a teaspoon of honey and pecans) and the Oikos vanilla (only 4 g of added sugar). And then, I found this fabulous recipe:

6 oz plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage non-fat)
1 teaspoon lemon curd (you could make your own, but I'm not motivated enough; its a little sweet, tangy, lemony, and overall YUMMY)
Optional: nuts (I like slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, and pecans)
Optional: lemon zest

Mix it all together and enjoy.

Here's the part I luuuuurve most:
Nutrition Facts (not including the nuts)
Calories: 150
Sugar: 13 g (of which 9 are natural sugars in the yogurt)
Protein: 15 g
Fat: 1 g

So, what's your "breakfast of champions"?

No comments: