Monday, May 3, 2010

For the love of shoes

As you know, I luuuuuuurrrve shoes. What I haven't told you yet is that I have a really hard time buying shoes. I have ridiculously sensitive feet. Except for sneakers, every single piece of footwear has given me blisters, at least the first time I've worn them. My mom has the same problem; we've just accepted it as the price we must pay for our shoe-love.

Then, last year, I developed plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is the straining/tearing of the ligament that supports the arch of your foot that results in severe heel pain. IT SUCKS!!! There is no real cure; its the usual ice, rest, stretching, massage routine. Most of all, its important to be kind to your feet, mainly by wearing supportive shoes. And that my friends, is my big problem. My plantar fasciitis is a lot better than it used to be, but is by no means "gone". Its mostly my own fault; I just can't bring myself to buy or wear ugly orthopedic shoes! I mean, seriously, I'm in my (late) 20s! I just can't do it!!!! In the winter, I wore boots, which really helped, but the summer brings cute but flimsy sandals, flip flops, and flats, ALL of which are TERRIBLE for my feet. So, last week, I spent some time looking for a supportive but cute shoe that I could wear this summer while I walk around sunny Cleveland.

Look at these beauties!

The Keds Rapture Boat Shoe. $45 at zappos.com.

These shoes are super comfortable and supportive, but most of all, SO CUTE!!

On a completely unrelated note, I took Otto for a walk this afternoon; look at the fantastic view of downtown Cleveland!


No comments: