Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Beauty Junkie Heaven: Birchbox

So last month, sorta on a whim, I signed up for something called Birchbox. Essentially, you pay $10 per month and receive 4-5 customized samples of high-end beauty products. The thought being you have the opportunity to try something new that you may not normally buy, and then you receive rewards points if you decide to purchase a full-size of something via birchbox. The brands include stuff like Smashbox, Stila, Kiehl's, and NARS, and at $10 and no long-term commitment, I figured it might be fun!!

So, a few clicks later, I was member, and a couple of weeks ago, I received my very first box



The packaging is so cute and fun- its like receiving a little prettily wrapped up present!!  November's box included:
Sample of Shalimar parfum: not my favorite scent for me- it reminds me of someone much older
Anastasia Lip Gloss: this was pretty good, but a little goopy
Kerastase hair product: I did not like the way this smelled
Two Paperdoll coasters: cute, but obviously not beauty related
Thymes body lotion: I liked this. Smelled very earthy

So overall, this was a 50-50 box. That said, I can't wait for December's box!! Incidentally, if you have a beauty junkie on your Christmas list, you can gift her a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription to Birchbox: a gift any beauty junkie will surely luuuuurvvee!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been getting BirchBox for several months - LOVE IT!

Modern Musings said...

I'm so addicted to Birchbox! Been about a year and overall I'm extremely happy. There are about 9 or 10 different boxes every month, so if a friend gets one too, you'll prob have different boxes and you can swap items :

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I'm going into my sixth month of Birchbox, & I feel like most of my boxes are 50/50...

Allison M. said...

so this is something I heard about awhile ago from Alexa - definitely something to look into.