Monday, April 30, 2012

30-Something Men

On Friday night, N and I ended up at XYZ for dinner. This is not particularly remarkable in itself, except that I happened to be sitting by a group of three 30-something single men. Now, I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but it was really loud at XYZ, and these men were practically yelling in my ear, so it was hard not to hear what they said. Essentially, Guy A had recently been on a date with a woman, and they group was discussing the date. While the woman was hot, and had similar interests with Guy A, he was not planning on going out with her again, because there was something "off" about her.

As I recalled my college days of hanging out with early 20-something guys, something struck me- the early 20-something year old is really not deterred by something being "off", so long as the woman is hot. The 30-something man, on the other hand, appears to be more concerned with the woman's position on the Hot/Crazy scale. This leads to the natural conclusion, that unless you're Gisele, women should really leave their crazy at home, at least for the first few dates. The question is though, is that perfectly acceptable protocol, or is it false advertising, like padded bras?

Please discuss...

2 comments:

Reshae @ Cleveland Food Goddess said...

I left my crazy at home, but not intentionally! ha I swear! I do think it's natural to show off your best qualities when first dating someone, then as time goes on the more you learn about that person. In most cases, time will tell if that person is deemed crazy.

Fizzgig said...

well i can relate, i have been on alot of dates with really great guys, but I didn't have the "spark" something was "off" for someone else, sure they would be great...but not for me. dating sucks no matter what your decade...that's the bottom line!