Tuesday, April 17, 2012

MIA

So, I sorta disappeared on you for a about three weeks there, didn't I? I had good reason for it though- N and I were visiting my family in INDIA!! We got back a week ago Sunday, and honestly, it took until this past Sunday to recover from jet lag. I don't know why this time was particularly bad, although I suspect it has something to do with the unexpected layover, and subsequent ass-crack-of-dawn flight from Toronto.

Overall, it was a great trip! We went to the beach for a few days, spent a lot of time hanging out with family, AND, I got LASIK!! Yes, I'm glasses and contact-lens FREE!!! Sunday will mark 3 weeks, an I will finally be permitted to wear eye makeup again. I honestly didn't think I would care about the no eye makeup part, but turns out I do. I've been wearing a bold lip over the past 3 weeks (and I mean BRIGHT- hot pink, to be precise), and its been ok, but I prefer a bold eye.  Not that it should be a reason to discourage anyone from exploring LASIK- it is AWESOME, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who's considering it. No, it doesn't hurt, and yes, you can smell slight burning.

I did some shopping while I was there- no shock- and this year's purchases included a mustard colored leather jacket, and a beige quilted bag. Incidentally, now that I have a quilted bag, I'm more than a little obsessed with the idea of getting a CHANEL some day. You know, that day that I win the lottery.

Now, for some pictures:







Scenes from the beach. Yes, they are training an ox on the beach. If you end up in India, Goa is a must-see!!!




Scenes from a market!






3 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

we missed youuuuuuuu - welcome back :)

Alana said...

that ox!! OMG!

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I would LOOOVE to visit India someday. It's way up there on my list, second only to Greece. Well, maybe it's third, because I guess that even though I've never been dying to travel to Spain, I'd REALLY like to go visit my brother... b ut yes. INDIA. I am jealous. And I want LASIK so badly! I'm terrified of it, but I know it will be worth it if I ever get around to it/can afford it.