Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Have fun while supporting dogs!

As you all know, Secondhand Mutts is a cause very near and dear to my heart. What you may not know, is that it was my involvement with this organization that led N and I to adopt Clair. Although Clair did not  graduate from Secondhand Mutts, she is a rescue pup, and I can't imagine that N and I will ever go the breeder route again. Its not that all breeders are bad, its just that there are SO MANY unwanted dogs out there, and all they need is someone to give them a second chance.

Now, not everyone is in a position to rescue a dog, but if you ARE a dog-lover, there are some very fun ways you can help! There are some really fun events coming in June, all to benefit Secondhand Mutts. The two events I really want to talk about are coming up in the next couple of weeks, so please consider attending- they really are a lot of fun!

On Friday, June 8th, my favorite spin studio psycle is playing host to a Happy Hour ride to benefit Secondhand Mutts. This is an all-levels ride, so even if you've never been spinning, but really want to try, this is the ride for you! The ride itself starts at 6:30 pm, but Secondhand Mutts will be there around 5:45 pm with some of the pups that are available for adoption!!  Jenn will be leading the ride (she also has a rescue pup) with some awesome music- you WILL sweat a LOT, but I promise it will be fun! PLUS, you will get to meet a number of fellow CLE puppy-loving bloggers like Alana and Suzanne!! Yes, Yes, I know its during happy hour, but one hour on your Friday will make in a difference in the lives of so many pups!!! SO, if I have successfully convinced you that you need to sign up (please please?), you can sign up RIGHT HERE.

If drinking patio-style is more your thing, Tremont Tap House will be hosting a Yappy Hour to benefit Secondhand Mutts the SECOND TUESDAY of every month in the summer! This is a dog friendly event, so feel free to bring your dog (leashed, please) to join you on the Tap House patio!! The first Yappy Hour is on Tuesday June 12th, and begins at 5.

So there you have it! I will be at both these events, and I hope to see you there too!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'll be at Psycle for the ride, too! See you there!

Alana said...

thanks for organizing this! such a fun ride for a wonderful cause!

cleshopaholic said...

YAY! so excited to see you both next Friday! Will I also see you at yappy hour? You can bring your pups!!

Fizzgig said...

oh this is something near and dear to me since rescuing my very own "throwaway dog" and soon to be shot because he didn't perform anymore "Mr. Magoo". He is the love of my life, and I am always doing things for the rescue that brought us together!!

He is not my first pet by far, but my first rescue, and he forever changed my views on animal adoption!! Plus, I'm always on the lookout for his perfect doggie sibling!

I love this post, and I'm sure I can find one of these events to fit into my calendar to support another amazing animal rescue!!