Sunday, July 25, 2010

I may need stretchy pants

I have to say, if this weekend was any indication of what my 30s are going to be like, then maybe turning 30 isn't going to be so bad after all : ) Thank you so much to all of you who helped me celebrate! I had a FABULOUS time!

So, before I get started, I'm going to give you a little preview of posts for this week; they're pretty much all going to be related to the weekend. This one is going to be reviews of restaurants I visited this weekend; there's going to be one post dedicated to the AMAZING Ingenuity Fest Speakeasy; one with pictures from my birthday party; and probably a few others thrown in. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed experiencing all these events and writing about my weekend!!

So here goes:
Friday (my last day in my 20s), I decided to take a half-day at work. Jess and I have a birthday tradition, where if our birthdays fall on a weekday, we go out to lunch and break with our normal routine and get dessert. This year, we went to Crop. I have a confession to make: I've worked downtown for almost 5 years now, and this is the first time I've been to Crop. I've been missing out big time!!!! I had such a great time there; I can't wait to go back. The decor was so cozy; I think it had to do with the dark wood and awesome lighting, but I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing place to visit in the winter while the snow comes down outside. 



I ordered the Salmon BLT while Jess got the Willie Bird Smoked Turkey. My sandwhich was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious.



For dessert, we split Some Like it Hot, which is Flourless Chocolate Cake, with Jalapeno icecream. OHMYGOD; Best.Dessert.Ever. Its hot, cold, sweet, spicy amazing deliciousness.




After our delicious lunch, I indulged in an afternoon of pampering at Zen Metro Spa. For Valentine's Day this year, N got me a gift certificate to Zen, but I ended up putting in a spot so safe that I couldn't find it. Anyway, as luck would have it, I ended up finding it earlier in the week when I switched purses. I had an hour-long massage appointment with Mandy, who is absolutely awesome at her job. After a manicure with Meghan, I left relaxed and happy.



On my nails: Zoya Demi; a really pretty purple. Incidentally, turns out I have sausage fingers that don't photograph very well.

Friday night, N and I went to our FAVORITE Cleveland Restaurant, Fahrenheit.  I can't say enough good things about this place; I've NEVER had a disappointing meal there, ever. I started with Peach Sangria while N had a cucumber martini. Our appetizer was the potato nachos, which we also had at the Taste of Tremont last Sunday! N ordered the Lobster Mac and Cheese (DIVINE!) and I ordered the Tuna with Indonesian Rice (soooo yummy). Am I gushing enough?!

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures at Fahrenheit; but you should DEFINITELY go there the next time you're looking for a restaurant in Tremont!!!

No comments: