Friday, May 24, 2013

Things I Lurve: Hazelnut Butter

I lllluuuuuuuuuurrrvvve Nutella. LOVE IT! Sadly, my waistline does not. All the sugar just doesn't do my body good, but I absolutely LOVE the flavor of chocolate and hazelnuts. Luckily, I found a worthy substitute: Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter! There are some significant differences between the two products though: Justin's includes hazelnuts and almonds, and has way less sugar than Nutella. I especially like the hint of sea salt in Justin's-- its a little bit like salted caramel in that sense-- a little salt to enhance the sweetness. One other major difference-- a jar of Justin's is usually $9.99, a significant premium over Nutella.




I guess my thinking is this: If I'm going to eat this as a treat, then perhaps the price tag reflects its position as a TREAT rather than a staple...

What's your favorite nut butter (besides peanut)?


No comments: