Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Listening Now: Two Door Cinema Club

I can't believe its taken me this long to bring you this band, considering how much I enjoy them!! Hailing from Northern Ireland, Two Door Cinema Club released their first album "Tourist History" in early-2010. I didn't learn about them until late 2010, and took a listen based on a recommendation from a friend.

WOW! This band is so ridiculously catchy that I immediately found myself wanting to buy the album! Apparently, I wasn't the only one, since Two Door Cinema Club has been winning all sorts of awards in Europe and even played at Coachella and Lollapalooza last year! I was lucky enough to see them at The Beachland Ballroom last fall, and they were SO.MUCH.FUN!! The concert is basically just the band, singing in front of pretty basic set- just a lot of BIG lights that pulsate with the music. It's a great effect, one that I think works best at a small venue like Beachland. That said, I'm pretty sure the next time they're here, they'll probably be at a larger venue, which may not be a bad thing either!!

So, here for your Tuesday Tune, is MY favorite TDCC song- Undercover Martyn. If you have Sirius XM, it may sound familiar to you-- they've been playing this for a little while now. ENJOY!!!

 

No comments: