Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Listening Now: The Wombats

Wow. What a weekend! I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm still recovering, although to be honest, part of that might be a result of having a sick puppy and therefore being up for most of the night letting said pup in and out of the house. Seriously, its like having a kid.

Anyway, over the past two days, I've been listening to a fun album I discovered last year - This Modern Glitch. Its by The Wombats, a band from Liverpool, England. There is just SOMETHING about their sound that makes me so happy!! I think its because some of their songs are vaguely reminiscent of 80s music! I have a bunch of faves on the album- Tokyo, Jump into The Fog, but my LATEST favorite is this song: 1996




In 1996, I was a sophmore in high-school, but in India, its the year you actually leave high school and go to "junior college" where you pick your major for the next two years- your choices are science, business, and liberal arts. I was a science major, and my biggest concern that year what how I was going to spend my extra long summer, how I was going to convince my parents to let my go to the clubs 3 nights a week and stay out past midnight, and making new friends. I skipped class a lot that year, and would end up at the movie theatre with friends where there was air-conditioning (its ok, everyone was doing it).

Where were you in 1996??


No comments: