Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm a peacock, you've gotta let me fly

So Friday night, N and I decided to do something we haven't done in a long time; dinner and a movie. For a change, we decided to go to Crocker Park. We decided to try Blake's Seafood since we were still in the beach/seafood mode following Jimmy Buffet the night before...

So, in a nutshell, food= good, service= meh. Honestly, the food was really good, I would grade it an A for taste and price. N ordered the Surf and Turf with Lobster Tail while I ordered the All Surf, and both were an excellent deal at $19.99 each. The service was really C- at best. We sat at the bar, which almost always guarantees good service, but this time, the server was more concerned with her prep stuff than taking care of the 8 people at the bar. Not gonna lie, it kinda ruined the experience. That said, N and I had some very amusing people-watching; there were a lot of people that looked like they'd stepped out of The Jersey Shore for the 60+ crowd,  which made for a very entertaining dining experience.

After dinner, we walked over to Regal Cinema to watch The Other Guys. This is the new Will Ferrel-Mark Wahlberg-cop movie, and it was HILARIOUS!! I laughed out so loud so many times... its definitely one I'm going to buy when its released for DVD. If you're looking for a laugh, you should definitely go watch it! Maybe even go watch it tonight; it will definitely make Monday more enjoyable!!!

No comments: