Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Concealing your sleep deprivation

I LURVE sleep. Seriously. I would be happiest with 8 uninterrupped hours every night, but that usually doesn't happen. Needless to say, I end up with horrific dark circles, that usually require lot of concealing. I usually use a Smashbox concealer (which works really well for me), but this weekend I decided to test out a drugstore version: Garnier Nutritioniste Skin-Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller!


$12-$13 depending on where you buy it

The claim: Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller is right for you if you want to instantly correct the appearance of dark circles and brighten the skin around your eyes.

How to: Apply Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller in the morning and as needed throughout the day.

Did it work? Well, sorta. When you roll it on, it instantly feels cools and refreshing. It contains tinted moisturizer, which you will need to blot with your fingers, but it blends well. Its a little beige for my skin tone, but nothing that some tinted moisturer doesn't fix. I think it would work for anyone with light-medium skin tone. As for coverage, it didn't really last that long, maybe a couple of hours before I needed to reapply. The problem with this was that if I reapplied, then I also had to redo my tinted moisturizer, which become annoying. Although, I think all of this stems from the fact that its not exactly the right color and goopiness for my dark circles; I wish they had a medium and a dark shade; I think it would work better rather than a one-size-fits-all that really doesn't fit all.

Conclusion: if you have light or medium skin, and dark circles that aren't SUPER dark, this might work for you. At $12, it might be worth a try!!!

No comments: