Sunday, August 1, 2010

Shopping local: Lilly Handmade Chocolates

This past Friday, N and I attended the 60th birthday party for a close family friend. The birthday girl loves wine, so I was on the hunt for a wine-themed birthday present. After various wine accessories came up short, I decided to go over to Lilly Handmade Chocolates, where the amazing amazing Amanda Montague whips up delicious chocolate confections to go with the equally delicious beverages in her store.



I've tried Amanda's tastings before, and I know from experience that its best to have her help pick out both the wine and the chocolate. I have a tendency to pick wine bottles based on the label art (I know, I know), so I ended up with this:


A sparkling Malbec with Blueberry ad Mixed Berry Bars

Of course, no visit to Lilly's would be complete without a little something for me


The nutty bark. Which I opened in the car. mmmmmmmmm delicious! (For my non-Cleveland readers, you can order this online by going here)


The birthday party was amazing: It was held at Patterson Fruit Farms and included a Neil Diamond Tribute Band! Delores, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and I hope you enjoy your wine and chocolate!!!

No comments: