Thursday, May 27, 2010

For when you don't want to paint the room red

I was reading cleveland's a plum's post yesterday on house hunting, and the inevitable decorating that happens after the house hunt, and I realized I haven't posted much about home decorating lately, even though I've been decorating like a crazy person. Our new place has pretty neutral colored walls; one of my favorite ways to spice up a room is with bursts of color. Done correctly, this can be a really inexpensive and convenient way to change the look of a room without having to put in a lot of work. Our dining room is a brownish/grey neutral, and I've spiced it up with red/orange accents; red table runner, reddish orange placemats, red coasters, and my favorite; giant red vases that I found at Marshalls!



If you like these oversize vases, Marshalls has a really large collection of them in all sorts of colors in stores now. The three vases together cost under $40. Happy decorating!

No comments: