Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Music + Art = fun things to hang on your wall

This past weekend, I was at the Hessler Street Fair. I love street fairs in Cleveland; I love seeing so many people out and about, I love smelling the yummy food, the great music, and exploring all the stalls. I especially like looking for art; it tends to be less expensive than a gallery, and sometimes you can find some really unique stuff, like I did on Saturday. I stumbled upon Brooke Witt's stall: Jukebox Art. Essentially, Brooke's art is inspired by lyrics; she listens to music, and they inspire her to create art. She has pieces that have been inspired by Radiohead, Dave Matthews Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Beatles, and a whole host of artists. Here's the best part: she does custom artwork!!!! I think this would be a great gift idea; if you're looking for a gift for someone special, and you have memories related to a song, or have "your song" together, you could commission Brooke to create something special and unique just for your and your someone special! Her prices are really affordable too (take a look at the price list on her website). I picked up pieces inspired by Southside (Moby) and Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers).



These pictures really don't do them justice.

If you want to check out Brooke's work, take a tour of her website above. She will also be at the Waterloo Arts Fest (June 26th), Lakewood Arts Fest (Aug. 7th), and University Park Art Fair (Aug. 14th).


No comments: