Thursday, May 13, 2010

Iron? I don't think so!

On July 2 this year, N and I will celebrate six years of wedded bliss. Apparently, the traditional items for your six year anniversary are candy (I can live with that) and iron (whaaaaaaaaaaaat?). Iron?! Really?! No thank you. Instead, I think that N and I should celebrate our anniversary with a new addition to our family.


Calm down (mom, this means you), I'm talking about an addition of the Furry kind. Last year, when N was spending his semester in Florence, I fell deeply in love with a white boxer named Special, who was being sheltered by Secondhand Mutts. She was such a sweet little thing (she was 4, so not quite so little, but you know what I mean), but N wasn't around, and it just wasn't the right time for us to adopt her. (Happy ending though, Special is now living happily ever after with her new dad and puppy brothers and sisters). But it got me thinking; now that we have a new home with a fenced in yard, I really really REALLY want to adopt another boxer.

N and I have been keeping an eye on Secondhand Mutts, the Cleveland APL, and petfinder for the right dog. So, please keep your fingers crossed and wish us luck!!!!

No comments: